Savoury Spinach Pancakes with Vegetarian "Bacon"
This is a recipe inspired by my homeland, Hungary. My mother used to make us pancakes filled with spinach sauce topped with sour cream, cheese, and crispy onion. My version is a bit healthier than the traditional option as it is lower in fat and carbohydrates, very high in protein and very very tasty. Perfect for breakfast lunch or dinner or as a side of some meaty meal.
- 1 cup Ground oats
- 0.125 kg Bottled egg white
- 2 handful Spinach
- 1 large Onion
- 1 tbsp Paprika powder
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- Mix the ground oats with the egg whites
- Add the washed spinach leaves and blend using blender
- Season with salt if desired
- Bake the pancakes in a pan using no oil or oil spray
- Stack pancakes on top of each other
- Top with sour cream
- Chop up onions, fry on a bit of oil
- When crispy, take off the flame and mix with the paprika powder
- Top pancakes with the crispy onion= "vegetarian bacon"
- Enjoy :)