Gluten and Refined Sugar Free Carrot Cake
If Easter then Carrot Cake it is. And to make sure you don't ruin your healthy diet, I created this refined sugar a gluten free, vegan base carrot cake with carrots, apples, oranges, lemons, coconut flakes and mixed nuts in it. Creating a smooth but crunchy consistency, I pleased everyone's taste buds.
- 1 Handful Walnuts
- 1 Handful Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flakes
- 1 Packet Ground almonds
- 3 Tablespoons Rice flour
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 Medium size Eggs
- 2 Medium size Apples
- 3 Medium size Carrots
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Packets Fat free cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Stevia sweetener
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Ground carrots and apples.
- In a bowl, beat up 3 eggs, add the seasoning, rice flour and ground almonds.
- Add the shredded carrots and apples and coconut flakes.
- Chop up the nuts and add to the mixture.
- Shred the skin of a lemon and an orange in the mixture.
- Bake this mixture in the oven for 25 mins on 170 C.
- Mix the cream cheese with the vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Let the dough cool, when cols cover with cream cheese frosting.
- That's it, enjoy! :)