Marbled Blueberry Bundt Cake
You could serve this marbled blueberry bundt for brunch, an afternoon snack or dessert – it’s a great, versatile recipe for summer and the perfect way to celebrate National Blueberry Month!
- 2 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce/mashed banana
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Arctic Berries Blueberry Powder
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Plant milk
- Lemon juice
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease a bundt cake tin with coconut oil and almond meal/bread crumbs.
- Place all dry ingredients (except for the blueberry powder) in a large bowl and stir well.
- In another bowl, beat the aquafaba with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Add in your preferred sweetener little by little until fully incorporated.
- Combine the melted coconut oil, applesauce and ACV with the dry ingredients and add in about 1/3 of the aquafaba mix. Gently fold in the rest of the aquafaba mix without losing too much air.
- Transfer half of the cake batter into the other bowl and stir in 1 tbsp Blueberry Powder. Layer the different colored batters in the cake tin (you can even swirl around a little with a fork if you want to) and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Cake is done when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning it out on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, mix icing sugar with plant milk until runny consistency and drizzle over cake. Top with blueberries and enjoy!