RHUBARB-PECAN TEA CAKE
I’m keeping things short but sweet today because it’s already late and I still have things to get done before tomorrow ( buuuu Monday again). This cake is wonderfully spiced with cinnamon and vanilla, which goes really well with the rhubarb. The original recipe belongs to my mum, but I changed it a bit ( of course hahha).
- 200 grams flour ( I used brown rice flour)
- 120 grams grounded pecan nuts
- 200 grams fresh rhubarb
- 100 grams coconut butter/ butter / ghee
- 3 eggs ( for vegan version replace with vegan eggs)
- 100 grams coconut sugar ( I used Coconut Merchant)
- 50 grams honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/3 cup coconut milk ( I sued KOKO milk)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp baobab powder – optional ( I used ADUNA)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Cut rhubarb lengthwise or into cubes, be creative here.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, coconut butter, sugar, and honey, until creamy consistency. I used a hand mixer on high speed for 3-5min.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ground nuts and other dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients with egg mix, add milk and mix together until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the 20cm baking tin (previously greased).
- Now pile the rhubarb on top, just away from the edge of the tin.
- Bake in 200C for around 35min, until the wooden stick, comes dry and your cake is golden brown.