CHRISTMAS LINZER COOKIES
Linzer Cookies! Another classic cookie recipe for you to bake this holiday season! These Linzer cookies are great to enjoy with all sorts of filling, but my favorite is jams. Homemade preferably. I am making my own shortbread pastry, but you might as well buy it if you want to save some time. These Linzer Cookie are beautifully stylish and delicious! With festive shapes and the dusting of powdered sugar, these stunning Christmas are perfect for holiday gift-giving.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 200 grams cold butter, cubbed
- 70 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water optional
- Place the flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl, or food ptocessor, and mix together on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add the butter, and pulse until you get a corse mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix on low speed for a minute or two ( until yolks are combined).
- If the dough is to dry add 2 tbsp of cold water. If its to wet add 2 tbsp of flour.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll the dough on the mat to 2-3mm thickness. You can always refrigerate before rolling out, but I am used to baking straight away.
- Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut shapes. Use a smaller cutter to cut windows in half the cookies.
- Bake in 170 C 10-12 min or until the edges are just barely beginning to turn golden.
- Cool completely. Then spread the jam on the bottom star, top with a second cookie, and dust with powdered sugar.