Salt 'n' Pepper Cookies
Inspired by My New Roots new cookbook's recipe
- 80 ml coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g rolled oats
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 70 g chocolate, chopped
- flaky sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low-medium heat.Whisk in the brown rice / maple syrup, water, and vanilla. Remove from the heat.
- Blend the oats in a food processor or a high speed blender until you have flour. Transfer it to a large bowl and add the coconut sugar, pepper, salt, soda, and baking powder. Stir to combine
- Add the coconut oil mixture to the dry ingredients and fold to combine. Fold the chocolate into the batter.
- Spoon out the balls of dough onto the baking sheet leaving 5 cm between them. Garnish each cookie with a few flakes of sea salt. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, let sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.