Raw Cacao Fudge Brownies
This gorgeous recipe is definitely not going to let you down. So I thought this was a prefect recipe to start the predictably long 'Chocolate is LOVE' category. These are good for you. Can you believe it?
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 150 gr cacao butter
- 40 g raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- In a food processor or high-speed blender blitz the nuts for 30 sec, until not very fine powder. Then add the remaining ingredients and process until dough-like mass forms. You don't want it to be absolutely smooth, so that the crunch remains.
- Then transfer the dough to a dish in which you will be freezing the brownies in. The square shape works the best.
- With your fingers gently even out the dough into a single layer. Place into the fridge while you are preparing the upper layer.
- Wash your container and place all the ingredients except cacao butter into the processor.
- The coconut oil should be smooth. If you have it in a solidified form, omit it as well. Set aside.
- Place cacao butter (and coconut oil, if needed) in a double boiler and melt on a low heat (oils remain raw because they melt below 42° C).
- When melted, let cool for 5 minutes, then add to the blender and process everything until smooth. If the batter turns out too thick, add more water.
- Transfer and even out on top of the bottom layer. and place into a freezer for an hour. After removing from the freezer, let stand for 10 minutes at the room temperature.