Pumpkin Cremè Cashewcake
What is there better that eating good old pumpkin during its season? Eating it in a cake. This Raw Cashewcake is my baby. Please, be kind to it.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or Ghee butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla or vanilla extract
- 2 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1,5 cup cashews
- 7 dried apricots
- 7 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup purloin cream or approx. 300 grams pumpkin puree+more medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Pumpkin Creme
- Wash the pumpkin and take the skin off. A vegetable peeler might be useful for this, depending on what kind of pumpkin you have. Cut lengthwise and discard flesh together with seeds.
- Then cut pumpkin in small cubes.
- Prepare apples by washing them, taking the inner bits with seeds out and cut into small pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a big pan and then add pumpkin cubes. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat, then turn to medium heat and add apples with a little bit of water. Let it cook for approx. 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Cut the pitted dates into chunks and add to the pan. Cook for further 5 minutes.
- Then transfer everything to your blender, add two tbsp water with cinnamon and blend on high-speed. Alternatively, use a mixing bowl and immersion (hand) blender.
- For Bottom Layer: In a food processor blitz nuts but not until a fine powder. It should still be a little bit coarse. In a mixing bowl combine with other ingredients by using your hands or a spoon. Press firmly in to the tin forming an even layer. Put into the freezer while preparing the upper layer.
- For Upper Layer: Gently spread on top of the middle layer and transfer to the freezer for at least 5 hours. Take out of the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh figs.