No-Grain Banana Porridge
No better way to start your day or have a hearty meal regardless the time of the day with this grainless banana porridge aka bowl of heavenly flavours.
- 1 1/2 large bananas, peeled and sliced in coins
- 1-3 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- In a frying pan heat the oil on high heat. If you coconut oil is in a smooth or solid form 1 tsp should be enough. If it is melted use 2-3 tsp.
- Then add sliced bananas. Let fry for 2 minutes, then mash with a fork or a masher. Lower the heat to medium.
- Pour 1/3 of nut milk onto the bananas and fold. When milk and banana combine, add another part.
- Lastly, add coconut and cinnamon and cook for another minute. Serve warm with a dollop of greek yoghurt or coconut/soy yoghurt to make it completely vegan, 1 tbsp Pecan Nut Butter and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Playing around: If you don't have nut milk on hands you can leave it out, just use two bananas instead of 1 1/2. It will be still very delicious, more banana-ish, some people might even like it more like that - as a side dish, a topping/filling/base for baked goods.