Creamy Tahini & Roasted Pepper Pasta
While preparing this recipe, it made me feel how gifted we are with such abundance of foods, texture, flavour, colour & health. I am so grateful for the creative vibe Mother Nature gives me. Moment of gratitude aside, this dish is really comforting. Especially when it is pasta, made healthy, duh!
- 3 sweet red peppers, washed & inner-parts discarded
- 1 cup yoghurt OR almond milk
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, GMO-free
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- pasta for 4, wholewheat or gluten-free
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare onion and peppers by cutting them into 2-3 cm long pieces (smaller pieces for onion).
- Place all into a baking tray, coat in olive oil and season with some salt & pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Mix tahini, yoghurt, paprika, soy, pinch of black pepper & maple syrup in a bowl until completely smooth.
- Lastly, mix in lemon juice and set aside. Prepare pasta according to the package instructions.
- Combine vegetables and pasta in a frying pan over high heat. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with parsley and sesame seeds.