Carrot & Orange Salad with Zucchini Ribbons
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 200 g shredded kale
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 juice of orange
- 3 whole oranges, for segmenting
- 50 g walnuts
- In a mixing bowl combine kale, olive oil and orange juice. Massage thoroughly with you hands. Discard any hard stems you come across. Set aside.
- Grate carrots and add to the bowl.
- Make zucchini ribbons using a vegetable peeler. To make thin ribbons move around the zucchini, rather than shaving it of from one side only. When you have shaved all of the zucchini, add the ribbons to the bowl.
- Segment oranges (YouTube it, if unfamiliar how), add the segments to the bowl and squeeze the remaining juice from the membranes to the bowl, too.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Separate between the plates and serve with crashed walnuts on top.