Apple, Avocado & Goat's Cheese Bruschetta
This recipe is a good middle point for a gradual shift into the new season.
- 1 avocado
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 apple
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of a lime
- 5-7 basil leaves
- sea salt and black pepper
- bread of choice
- sprouts, pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- Start by coarsely grating the apple. Alternatively, cut into thin slices to resemble a grated apple (that's what I did). Put into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Then coarsely cut avocado & tomatoes. Combine all in a mixing bowl, add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Lastly, add basil and season with salt & pepper. Set aside while you toast the bread.
- As soon as the bread is done, spread generous amount of goat's cheese on top, followed by apple, avocado & tomato mixture.
- . Finish with sprouts, pumpkin seeds or pine nuts, a sprinkle of olive oil and a salad on the side. Serve immediately.