Tomato & Basil Soup
Home-made tomato & basil soup is a classic and you'll be surprised at the difference between your version and the tinned stuff. Fresh tomato and basil are the stars of this classic summertime tomato soup recipe. Simple to prepare, delicious tomato basil soup. Great for an easy lunch. To make the tastiest tomato & basil soup you’ll ever experience wait until the tomatoes are at their most ripe and juicy.
- 50 g celery
- 50 g leek
- 50 g carrot
- 50 g onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Half of red pepper
- 3 large tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Vegetable stock
- 500 ml water
- low fat cooking spray or 1tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Chop your vegetables roughly.
- Sweat your vegetables in a pan for 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and basil. Then add your water and stock.
- Cook for 10-15 min.
- Blend your soup until its nice and smooth. Serve hot. Enjoy!