Zucchini boats are filled with a beautiful couscous vegetable mixture and then topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and parsley. It’s a simple dish with big flavours that comes together quickly, which is always welcome come dinnertime when you’re short on time. The filling can even be made ahead of time and the zucchini stuffed right before serving. You can treat this as a side dish, a light lunch or cut them into bite-sized pieces for a party or picnic platter.
- 80 g couscous
- 3 pieces mushrooms
- 40 g sweetcorn
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 small onion
- 1 clive garlic
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 mozzarella ball
- 250 ml hot boiling water
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cut your zucchini/courgette in half, scoop out the middle from zucchini with a spoon.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Cut your vegetables, fry your onions and garlic first for about 5 min.
- Add your mushrooms, sweetcorn, parsley and season well. Cook for 5 min.
- Place your couscous with turmeric into a bowl, add hot water and cover the bowl for about 10 min. When its done, just mix it.
- Add sour cream, vegetables and more seasoning to couscous and mix well.
- Fill your zucchini boats with the couscous mixture and cook them for about 25-30 min.
- Enjoy this light dinner!