Stuffed Eggplant/Aubergine Recipe
Looking for a flavourful dinner? Then try this baked eggplant dish that's stuffed with vegetables and spices. Make the most of whole aubergines - turn them into edible bowls. Serve these stuffed aubergines as a light dinner along with a big salad. This is very hearty and nutritious dish.
- 1 large aubergine
- 200 g chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 tbp sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Cut your eggplant in half, make few cuts along and then across.
- Place your eggplant onto a baking dish, blush them with olive oil or use low calorie cooking spray.
- Cook your eggplant for 30-35 min.
- In a small saucepan, place your chopped onion and garlic. Fry for 3 -5 min untill soft. Add turmeric and cumin. Then add chopped tomatoes.
- Scoop the mixture from your eggplant very carefully without breaking the skin.
- Add the eggplant flesh into your pan along with parsley and cook for 15 min on low heat.
- Fill your eggplant boats and serve with some fresh sour cream.