Strawberry Mousse Heart Cake Recipe
There are many ways to express your love to your loved ones, and cooking is definitively one of them! For everybody who wants to put a little extra effort, whip up this Strawberry Mousse Cake with Vanilla sponge cake and strawberry Jelly. This cake will blow your mind. Though it may seem complicated with so many ingredients and directions, actually is quite easy to prepare and there is no way you can go wrong with it. Not much baking is required which makes it easy.
- 150 g strawberry puree
- 100 g caster sugar
- 10 g gelatine + 4 tbsp of cold water
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 60 g caster sugar
- 60 g plain flour
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp strawberry essence
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 g gelatin powder + 2 tbsp (30g)
- 200 ml double/heavy/ whipping cream (35% fat)
- 25 ml 1 shot amaretto
- 100 g icing sugar
- 150 g strawberry puree
- 150 g glucose syrup
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 75 g Water
- 10-12 gr gelatine + 75 gr Water for gelatin
- 100 g condensed milk
- 150 g white chocolate
- Food colouring of your choice
- 1 tsp of titanium dioxide
- Make your sponge cake layer first. This can be done 1 day in advance as well. Line your baking pan with some cooking oil or butter and then coat with flour. In a bowl add your softened butter and sugar and mix for few min. Then add egg, whisk again, then add sifted flour, baking powder and strawberry and vanilla extract. Place your cake mixture into prepared baking tin and cook for 18-25 min at 180 C / 350 F or until the cake is ready. Leave the cake to cool down completely and then cut in half and set aside.
- Make strawberry jelly. Wash and cut your strawberries, i used about 250 gr of strawberries to get 300 gr of puree. After add strawberries in a pan, then sugar and cook on low heat until sugar dissolves. Place everything into the blender and puree until smooth. Divide the strawberry puree into two bowls, one will be used for the jelly and the other for the strawberry mousse. Set aside the one for the mousse and add gelatine to your other one for the jelly. Add your strawberry puree into the heart shaped mould. Transform into the freezer for it to set completely. When its done, run a hot knife around and it should come out easily.
- Make strawberry mousse. Whisk 200 ml of your double cream or heavy cream in a bowl, add 100 gr of icing sugar and whisk until soft peaks. Add your strawberry puree, mix that in and then add dissolved gelatine and 1 shot of amaretto. ( You can add more amaretto if you want ) Add your mousse into a piping bag and set aside.
- Assemble your cake. Place heart mould on the wooden board. Add your strawberry mousse first, shake a bit and make sure there is no extra air. Then add your sponge cake with strawberry jelly, then add the mousse. Using a spatula even it out. Place the mousse cake in the freezer overnight.
- Make the mirror glaze. Pour over the cake. Then add your cake on top of second sponge cake layer. Decorate the cake the way you like it. Place the cake in the fridge to set and enjoy all the amazing layers!