Strawberry Lava Cake Recipe | Valentine Day Recipe
Strawberry Lava Cake Recipe. Happy Valentine's Day! These are so easy to make and they are a real show stopper dessert, these Strawberry Lava Cakes are moist and tender with a delicious strawberry center. These look so cute and adorable and I love strawberries. These are perfect for that special occasion to surprise your loved ones, family or friends. This makes around 3-4 lava cakes.
- 100 g white chocolate
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp strawberry puree
- Strawberry food colouring
- few drops of strawberry extract or essence
- pinch salt
- Wash and dry your strawberries. Cut them and squash them with a fork to get the juice. Step
- Melt your white chocolate with butter. You can do it in a microwave with 30 second breaks or over the double boiler.
- Into a bowl add your eggs,sugar and vanilla and strawberry extract and mix well.
- Then add your white chocolate and then flour. Mix that in. Then add your strawberry juice and food colouring if you wish.
- Butter each ramekin and then add some flour to coat it around.
- Pour the mixture into your ramekins and place into a freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Bake your strawberry lava cakes at 200 C / 400 F for about 15-20 min. This depends on your oven. Make sure you don’t overcook them, or you wont have the lava effect.
- Add icing sugar, more strawberries and enjoy your pink hot strawberry lava cake. You can serve with anything you like.