Spinach Cottage Cheese Quiche
This vegetarian quiche is made without pastry and so is also gluten free. It's packed full of vegetables and doesn't contain many carbohydrates, either. A fantastic dish to make when you are looking for a tasty meat-free main. This quiche has a totally different texture than normal ones. Even quiche and cottage cheese haters love it!
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1/2 courgette
- 1/2 green peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 g low cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200 g spinach
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Use a springform pan and line it with some foil or parchment paper. Spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Prepare your vegetables and cut them into bite size pieces.
- Fry you onions and garlic first, then add mushrooms and cook for 10 min.Then add your courgette and green pepper and cook for another 5 min.
- In a different bowl, add your eggs, cottage cheese, parsley and seasoning and mix well.
- Cook your spinach in a pan until it wilts down. Combine your vegetables with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake your quiche for about 45-55 min until golden.
- Serve quiche and remove foil. Enjoy!