Slow Cooked Beef Recipe
Nothing says comfort food for me like slowly cooked beef stew in tomato sauce. The meat becomes so tender and flavourful from all the other ingredients. It takes some time to make, but I promise you it’s well worth the effort. Aside from being delicious, it’s a one pot meal that feeds a crowd. You can also make it a day ahead—in fact, you should because the flavour improves the longer it sits.
- 250 g good quality beef steak
- 1 cup tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh parsley
- Cut you onion, tomato and garlic.
- Take a deep pan, add onion and garlic, fry for 5 min, then add tomato puree.
- Add tomatoes and parsley, sugar, bay leaves and chopped tomatoes. Mix well.
- Optional - Fry the beef in butter and then add into the pan, followed by chicken/beef stock.
- Reduce the heat and simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours. Season per taste.
- Enjoy with some green beans, broccoli, rice, pasta or potatoes.