Russian Vinaigrette Beet Salad (Vinegret)
Russian Vinaigrette is a salad in Russian and Ukrainian cuisine which is also popular in other post-Soviet states. It includes diced cooked vegetables (beetroots, potatoes, carrots), chopped onions, as well as sauerkraut аnd/or brined pickles. Other ingredients, such as green peas or beans, are sometimes also added. Along with Olivier salad and dressed herring, vinegret is served as zakuski on celebration tables in Russophone communities.
- 2 medium beets
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 2-3 medium pickles
- 1-2 tbsp Sunflower or Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Half small onion
- Boil your carrots and potato for 30 min and boil your beetroot for 45 min until soft.
- Cut all your vegetables into cubes.
- Place them in a large bowl, add vinegar, season well and add oil, mix well.
- Enjoy straight away with some rye bread.