Russian Pancake (Blini)
Blini (Russian crepes) is absolutely my most favorite breakfast. Widely popular Russian dish, especially eaten during the Maslenitsa festival in Russia. All kinds of fillings are possible--sweet or savory. Thin layered Blini are also popular throughout a year, being served with different fillings and topped with sour cream or butter.
- 2 cup milk
- 3 Eggs
- 280 g flour
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Butter for greasing finished pancakes
- Mix your eggs with sugar and salt. Add milk and mix again.
- Add flour and oil and mix well. it will be nice and thin batter.
- Add a bit of butter or oil into your pan. Pour one ladle of the pancake mixture an cook for few minutes on each side until cooked and golden.
- Enjoy with sweet or savoury fillings! Yum!