Russian Cabbage Salad
Russian cabbage salad is a very tasty, light and easy to make. It perfectly complements meaty and potato dishes. The Russians often eat it with kotlety (russian burgers) or mashed potatos. Amazing gluten-free, low GI, completely guilt-free and simply delicious and healthy food!
- 1/2 medium cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- Sun flower oil or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Sugar ( optional)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 onion
- Grate your carrot and shred the cabbage. Cut your onion into thinly.
- Place the cabbage and the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the salt. Gently squeeze the ingredients for 2-3 min.until the cabbage releases some juice.
- Drizzle the salad with some white vinegar and and squeeze it a bit more it will release more juice. Taste to check if you are happy with salt and vinegar.
- Add some sun flower or olive oil and let it cool in the fridge for a couple of hours. Enjoy!