Quick & Easy Apple Tart
These gorgeous, warm and delicious looking apple tarts are fantastic for any occasion - from morning tea to decadent dessert with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. If you want to make a very quick, very easy dessert that also happens to yield impressive results, make these apple tarts! It will become one of your to go to desserts in no time! This dessert is as impressive as it is simple.
- 1 Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 2-3 apples
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 220ºC or 425 F.
- Mix your white and brown sugars with cinnamon.
- Unroll pastry sheet, cut the sheet in half lengthways, and then each half into 2 equal pieces. Lay on a lined baking tin.
- Halve and core the apples leaving the skin on, then thinly slice the apple halves. Place one sliced apple half cut face down in the centre of each pastry piece.
- Add a tiny bit of butter onto each pastry, brush apple and pastry borders with beaten egg and sprinkle with more sugar on top.
- Bake for 12 – 15 mins until pastry is risen and golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream or enjoy it cold!