Pumpkin Loaf with Cream Cheese
This beautiful pumpkin loaf is just so moist and delicious, and with the addition of the cream cheese frosting, it just can't get any better! The cream cheese contributes to the excellence of this loaf. Its not very sweet and is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 130 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 140 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 180 g unsalted butter
- Orange Zest
- Cut, deseed and prepare your pumpkin, we are only going to be using about small amount.
- Grate your pumpkin or use a food processor. Place in a bowl and leave for 10 min so the juice starts coming out.
- In your kitchen aid, add your butter and sugar and cream together for 3 min.
- Add your eggs and mix for 5 min until its nice and fluffy and pale in colour. Add your vanilla extract.
- Squeeze the pumpkin and you should have about 2 tbsp of juice left ( we will reserve that for our frosting)
- Add your grated pumpkin into your mixture, mix well and then add your flour and baking powder and mix just until combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Spray your baking dish ( im using a loaf pan) with some cooking spray or use butter.
- Bake for 60-70 min at preheated oven 180 C, 350 F.
- While your loaf is cooling down, we are going to make our cream cheese frosting. In a bowl add your cream cheese, icing sugar and pumpkin juice we reserved earlier. Mix well until smooth.
- Place cream cheese frosting on your loaf, add a bit of orange zest and enjoy!