Popcorn Caramel Fondant Cake Recipe
These amazing Popcorn Caramel Chocolate Lava Cakes are to die for. Rich, moist, fudgy, gooey, and warm chocolate cake exploding with melty salted caramel filling and popcorn, that literally pools out from the center at first bite. It is more decadent than molten chocolate cake: one filled with warm caramel filling. This looks luxurious and impressive, but its so easy to make. I like caramel anything, it's like all my favourite desserts rolled into one.
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup plain (all- purpose) flour
- dulche de leche / caramel / boiled condensed milk
- caramel popcorn
- Cocoa + Butter or cooking spray
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 C or 390 F
- Melt your chocolate and butter in a microwave in 30 second breaks or over the saucepan over low heat and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place the eggs, extra yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the chocolate mixture and flour and whisk again.
- Grease each ramekin with butter or cooking spray and add some cocoa powder around and coat each ramekin.
- Spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the mixture into the moulds/ ramekins. Add 1 tsp of caramel filling in the centre of each mould. Add some caramel popcorn. Add another 1-2 scoops of chocolate mixture to cover it. Make sure your ramekins are 3/4 filled. Do not over fill them, because they are going to rise.
- Place moulds/ ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 12- 14 minutes OR until the cake springs back when you touch the surface with your finger. Gently turn out the cakes immediately and dust with icing sugar, popcorn, more caramel and cookies. Enjoy!