Perfect poached eggs are one of life's simple pleasures and easier than you think to get right. I love my poached eggs with smoked salmon on rye bread. Main things to remember, is that your eggs need to be really fresh. Poaching eggs couldn’t be easier. It’s also a great low-calorie way to prepare eggs—you don’t need to use added fat to cook them, as you would with scrambled or fried eggs. Not only do eggs prepared this way make a great breakfast all on their own, they are delicious with salmon on rye bread.
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Smoke Salmon
- Rye Bread
- Add a small dash of vinegar to a pan of steadily simmering water.
- Crack eggs individually into a ramekin or cup.
- Create a gentle whirlpool in the water to help the egg white wrap around the yolk.
- Slowly tip the egg into the water, white first. Leave to cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove and drain onto kitchen paper.