This will be quick, easy, and tasty dish. This is very simple presentation of cod that really brings out the best in the fish. Delicious with vegetables. Enjoy this beautiful cod fillet, poaching is fast, easy and no fuss.
- 1 fillet of cod
- 1 bay leaf
- slice of lemon
- 1 tbsp butter ( optional) , lemon juice
- Vegetables: broccoli, carrots and green beans. ( can use any other vegetables you like)
- In a small pan, add 1 cup of water, then add bay leaf, peppercorns, lemon slice, dill and parsley. When your water starts to boil, add your cod and cook on low medium heat for 10 min.
- In a different pan, add water, then carrots, green beans and broccoli. Cook for 10 min and season well.
- Make the sauce, add 1 tbsp of butter, then lemon juice and chopped dill.
- Serve your cod on a bed of vegetables and pour over the sauce.