Pickled Herring Potato Salad
This delicious potato salad with herring will be a hit every time. This salad is a substantial summer starter or light lunch dish . Perfect for a picnic, or enjoyed as a snack, this makes an appetising alternative to the standard potato salad. Tasty, inexpensive and easy to prepare, this dish make a satisfying choice.
- 2 fl oz fillets of herring
- 1 large potato
- 1 egg
- few gherkins
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- fresh dill or parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Boil your potato and egg.
- Cut your herring into bite size pieces.
- Cut your gherkins, egg and potato with egg.
- Mix your mayonnaise with mustard.
- Mix everything together, season well.
- Enjoy and keeps well in a fridge for 2-3 days.