Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Looking for a new dinner idea? Look no further! This chicken recipe is delicious and easy to prepare. This dish of chicken stuffed with mushroom is easy enough to make for a weeknight meal yet good-looking enough to pull out for your next dinner party served with some salad or potatoes.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 3 closed cup mushrooms
- half an onion
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder ( optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 C or 400 F
- Chop you onions and mushrooms finely or use a food processor.
- Fry your onions and mushrooms, add minced garlic, season well and cook for 10 min until reduced in size and water has evaporated.
- Add cream cheese to the mushroom mixture and mix well, set aside to cool down.
- Cut a pocket in your chicken breast, place the mushroom stuffing inside, season well with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake covered in foil for 30-40 min.
- Enjoy with salad, rice or potatoes.