How to make easy strawberry jam doughnuts at home. Gooey, doughy and delicious, these homemade strawberry doughnuts offer a sweet surprise at their centre. This is my favorite doughnut because i like simple and tasty! A naughty treat that's unbeatable when eaten warm and covered in sugar.Learn this recipe for homemade jam doughnuts, providing a finger-licking good snack that will last a few days. You can experiment with different jams or even try making your own. Kids are always eager recipients of doughnuts.
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- strawberry jam - can use any other jam you like icing sugar
- 250 grams plain flour
- 80 grams granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 20 grams wet yeast ( 1 sachet of dry yeast)
- 30 ml unsalted butter
- 150 ml warm milk
- In a bowl, place your yeast with sugar and warm milk, then add 2 tbsp of flour, whisk and set aside for 15 min.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 egg yolk with sugar, then add the melted butter and the yeast mixture. Mix well, and gradually add the flour. The dough will be very very sticky, so use your hand to mix well.
- If its too sticky you can add a little bit of flour to make it easier to roll. Cover with a towel and leave in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- Place the risen dough on the floured surface and roll the dough into 1 cm thickness. You can use different sizes and shapes!
- I am doing circular cuts and made 14 doughnuts! cover them with a towel again and leave for 30 min to raise again.
- In a deep frying pan, place your oil and heat it. You can test the oil by dropping a piece of dough and if its starts to bubble - the oil is ready!
- Fry your doughnuts for 30 seconds on each side, only turning them once. This is a quick process, so make sure you dont leave them cooking!
- Place all the doughnuts onto the paper cloth to make sure you get rid of the excess oil.
- If you have a syringe to pipe the doughnuts - do that! I have used a piping bag with a nosil, filled it with strawberry jam. Place the piping bag very deep into the doughnut and you will feel when its full.
- Sprinkle doughnuts with some icing sugar all around.
- Enjoy while they are warm, absolutely amazing doughnuts!!!!