How to make OREO Lava Cake
These amazing Oreo Chocolate Lava Cakes are to die for. Rich, moist, fudgy, gooey, and warm chocolate cake exploding with melty oreo filling that literally pools out from the center at first bite. It is more decadent than molten chocolate cake: one filled with warm oreo cookies. This looks luxurious and impressive, but its so easy to make. I like oreo chocolate anything, it’s like all my favourite desserts rolled into one.
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup plain (all- purpose) flour
- Cocoa + Butter or cooking spray
- 100 ml double cream/heavy cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- 6-8 crushed oreos
- Preheat oven to 200 C or 390 F. Make your oreo filling first. Melt your white chocolate with double cream. Add crushed oreos and place in a fridge or freezer to set.
- Melt your chocolate and butter in a microwave in 30 second breaks or over the saucepan over low heat and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place the eggs, extra yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the chocolate mixture and flour and whisk again.
- Grease each ramekin with butter or cooking spray and add some cocoa powder around and coat each ramekin.
- Spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the mixture into the moulds/ ramekins. Add 1 tsp of oreo filling in the centre of each mould. Add another 1-2 scoops of chocolate mixture to cover it. Make sure your ramekins are 3/4 filled. Do not over fill them, because they are going to rise.
- Place moulds/ ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 12- 13 minutes OR until the cake springs back when you touch the surface with your finger. Gently turn out the cakes immediately and dust with icing sugar and oreos to serve.