Gluten Free Almond Pancakes
These pancakes are a wonderful substitute for regular pancakes when you are watching your carbs! They are very filling and are on the dense side. Yummy pancakes that are naturally wheat and gluten free. Easy to find almond flour (ground almonds) is used for this simple recipe. This is a basic recipe can be tweaked. Enjoy!
- 250 g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberries, honey, sour cream/greek yogurt to serve with
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the milk and vanilla extract and whisk thoroughly.
- Gradually whisk the almond flour mixture into the egg mixture. Add more milk as necessary.
- Lightly oil a skillet and heat over medium heat. Pour the pancake mixture into any shape you like. Cook for three minutes, or until bubbles form and edges are cooked. Flip and cook for three minutes or until underside is lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with honey, sour cream, strawberries and icing sugar!