A basic gazpacho recipe, which you can then customise to your own liking, though this one works every time. You can make this ahead, it is a perfect vegetarian starter or a main dish. The gazpacho is a classic of the genre: refreshing, and full of ripe, summery flavours.
- Half of red and green bell peppers
- Half of lemon
- 1/3 of cucumber
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- Half an onion
- 1 cloves garlic
- Fresh parsley
- 500 ml tomato juice/passata
- 4 tbsp apple vinegar or any other vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- You will need a blender for this recipe. Roughly chop your vegetables.
- Blanch your tomatos in hot water for 30 seconds, then add them into cold iced water and take the skin off.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Season well. Enjoy!