Eton mess is a traditional English dessert consisting of a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue, and cream, which is traditionally served at Eton College's annual cricket game against the pupils of Harrow School. Its so easy, quick and perfect for someone who loves strawberries and cream.
- 4 large organic egg whites, at room temperature
- 150 g strawberries
- vanilla extract
- double cream/whipped cream
- 2-3 meringues nests bought or home made
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar
- Break your meringues nests into small pieces.
- Crush half of your strawberries into puree and the other half cut into small pieces.
- Whip up your double cream with some icing sugar.
- Add your crushed strawberries into your cream, along with half crushed meringues.
- Layer your dessert, start with fresh strawberries. Then add the cream, then meringue and until its all finished. Enjoy!