Cottage Cheese Pancake
Syrniki are sweet fried cheese fritters or pancakes, garnished with sour cream, jam, honey, or applesauce. All-time favorite Russian breakfast! Farm-cheese pancakes known as syrniki are loved by kids and grown-ups alike. Mmm.. its my grandmothers recipe and she makes the best Syrniki in the world! You can also make this dish with your kids, its so much fun!
- 300 g Dry cottage cheese/quark cheese or farmers cheese
- 80 g flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Combine together cottage cheese, egg and white sugar. Mix well and add flour. Place vinegar and then soda on top and wait till that bubbles up, add to the mixture.
- Mix well to form soft mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a floured surface and roll it into dough balls.
- Pat each piece into additional flour to form a patty.
- Fry the syrniki till it turns golden brown on both sides for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve and enjoy with sour cream, jam, fruits!