Cottage Cheese Donuts
I love this quick ten min donut recipe! It is an extremely easy-to-cook and delicious dish to tea. As opposed to dough donut, cottage cheese one boasts more tender and soft flavor. The cottage cheese donuts can be either stuffed or not.
- 1/2 cup full fat 9 % dry cottage cheese or quark/farmers cheese
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 6-8 tbsp plain flour
- pinch baking soda + vinegar
- Sunflower or vegetable oil for deep frying
- Icing sugar
- Mix your sugar and egg. Add cottage cheese.
- Place vinegar onto your baking soda and let it bubble, add to the mixture. Add flour and mix well.
- Preheat your oil so its nice and hot.
- Roll out the donut ball shapes from the mixture using more flour if needed.
- Cook your donuts on each side for few minutes until golden brown.
- Place them onto a paper towel to get rid of any excess oil. Once cooled down, add icing sugar on top and enjoy while they are hot!