Chocolate Spartak Cake
Nothing beats a chocolate layered cake with creamy buttercream frosting. I made it extra special by covering it in chocolate ganache and topped it with roasted hazelnuts. This cake does take some effort and time to make but it is really most definitely WORTH IT! Spartak cake is very popular in Russian speaking countries.This is the best recipe for Spartak cake!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 300 g cream cheese
- 200 ml double cream
- 4 tbsp icing or powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Sift all your dry ingredients, your flour and cocoa powder.
- Whisk your egg and sugar on high speed in a food mixer or with an electrical whisk for about 5 min.
- Then add your butter, baking soda and warm milk and mix for few more minutes. While the mixture is mixing, place a large pot of water to boil.
- Place mixture into a separate bowl and over the boiling water, mix until mixture smoothes out and looks clear.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and add the dry ingredients into the mixture. Stir until there are no lumps left and leave it to cool down for about 15-25 min. The mixture will thicken when its being cooled down, but don’t let it become cold, as it will be very hard to roll it out.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees or 350 Fahrenheit.
- I like to use the back of the baking tray to cook the layers, because its a lot easier to take them off. Place parchment paper and sprinkle some flour on that. Take a large tbsp of dough and roll it out into the nice 9 inch shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Sprinkle flour over the dough - so it doesn't stick to your rolling pin . Push the scraps away from the circle or they will bake into it. Once they are ready to go, just bake them for 3-6 min depending on your oven. Reserve the baked scraps, we will be using them later for decorating the cake.
- Once your layers are baked, leave them to cool for 10 min.
- While your layers are cooling down, you can make your frosting way ahead. Whisk your cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and condensed milk until nice and smooth. In a separate bowl whisk your double cream and icing sugar. Then combine both mixtures together until nice consistency and place in the fridge to set.
- Start assembling your cake. Place each layer and cover in a generous amount of frosting until you have finished with all the layers. Then coat the cake around to make sure its all nice and covered. Place that in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Melt the chocolate with butter and double cream and let it set for a bit and then cover the whole cake in chocolate ganache. Place it back into the fridge until chocolate is set.
- Crush your left over scraps with your food processor of back of your rolling pin.
- Place your hazelnuts onto a baking tray and roast them for 4-5 min at 200 degrees or 392 F.
- Take the skin off from your hazelnuts quickly while they are hot, you can use a siv to move nuts around.
- Generously sprinkle the crumbs over the top and sides of the cake. Decorate with berries and hazelnuts on top. Торт “Спартак” – это невероятно вкусный , нежный и очень аппетитный торт со сливочным вкусом. Для многих торт Спартак может оказаться знакомым вкусом из детства, что, несомненно, настроит на приятные воспоминания и хорошее настроение. Это знаменитое лакомство, о котором слышали многие. Ингредиенты Для коржей 1 яйцо, 200 гр сахара , 4 столовые ложки сливочного масла, 80 мл теплого молока ,1 чайная ложка соды выпечки, 250 гр муки 2 столовые ложки какао Для начинки 230 гр несоленого сливочного масла , банка сгущенного молока 300 гр сливочного сыра ( Philadelpia), 200 мл сливок 4 столовые ложки сахарная пудра, 1 ст л ванильного экстракта How to make Russian cake and a perfect Russian dessert at home. Nothing beats a chocolate layered cake with creamy buttercream frosting. I made it extra special by covering it in chocolate ganache and topped it with roasted hazelnuts. This cake does take some effort and time to make but it is really most definitely WORTH IT! Spartak cake is very popular in Russian speaking countries.This is the best recipe for Spartak cake! Chocolate Spartak Cake Share