Chocolate salami is a very easy ‘no-bake’ dessert. Get creative with this grown-up, rocky road chocolate biscuit bar - then roll into a sausage. It also makes a great DIY gift to offer friends or family during the holiday season. The salami log can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week and brought out as needed, cut into slices, and served either as dessert after a meal, or on a tray alongside other holiday cookies. The first time I saw a slice of chocolate salami, my heart skipped a beat. Imagine the consistency and richness of a chocolate truffle,with crunch cookies and nuts.
- 2 cup Buttery biscuits
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- handful walnuts
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Crush your biscuits by hand or in a food processor until you have different sized pieces, you don't want them too small.
- Melt your butter, add your sugar and then add your cocoa powder. Cook for few minutes and then add your milk and cook for further few minutes.
- In a large bowl add your biscuits, crushed walnuts, then the melted chocolate mixture and mix well until combined.
- Line your flat surface with cling film and place around 2-3 large tbsp of mixture and roll into a sausage shape.
- I had 3 sausages ( salami ) from this mixture, then place in a fridge for few hours so its nice and set.
- When its set, cut into nice round shapes and serve with tea or coffee! Enjoy!