Chocolate Heart Cake Recipe | Valentine Day Recipe
Strawberry & Chocolate Heart Cake Recipe. These mini heart shaped mousse cakes are super adorable and sexy looking. They are perfect surprise for your Valentine. They dont only look fantastic but also taste incredible. You have really soft strawberry mousse, with strawberry jelly and topped with delicious rich chocolate mirror glaze. The flavours of chocolate and strawberry linger in your mouth. Enjoy!
- 300 g strawberry puree
- 10 g gelatin powder + 4 tbsp (60g) cold water
- 300 ml double/heavy/ whipping cream (35% fat)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 x 135g or 1 packet of strawberry jelly
- 125 ml boiling water
- 5 gelatin sheets or 10 grams
- 210 g Sugar
- 110 g Water
- 65 g Cocoa powder
- 65 g Double OR Heavy cream
- 50 g Dark chocolate min 75 %
- First make your strawberry jelly. In a jug add your jelly with hot water, stir until it completely dissolves and then add the jelly into a cake tin. Place in a freezer for at least 30 min so it sets faster.
- Make your strawberry puree. Wash and cut your strawberries, i used about 250 gr of strawberries to get 300 gr of puree. After add strawberries in a pan, then sugar and cook on low heat until sugar dissolves. Place everything into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Make strawberry mousse. Whisk 300 ml of your double cream or heavy cream in a bowl, add 100 gr of icing sugar and whisk until soft peaks. Add your strawberry puree, mix that in and then add dissolved gelatine and 1 shot of amaretto. ( You can add more amaretto if you want ) Add your mousse into a piping bag and set aside.
- Take your jelly out and cut out little circles which will fit into your mould and cut then in half again. I used a heart shaped silicon mould, feel free to use any mould you have. Start with strawberry mousse. Then add your jelly on top, followed by more mousse.
- Place your hearts into the freezer for at least 6 hours or best overnight.
- Make your chocolate mirror glaze, let it cool to the right temperature and pour over each heart. Decorate the way you like and place them back into the fridge for at least 30 min to defrost completely before eating. Enjoy!