Cheese Puffs Recipe
Light, airy, cheese puffs are a versatile addition to a meal or appetizer plate. This is my version of a small khachapuri, which is traditional georgian food. They are so addictive, and very easy to make. The result looks impressive enough that you can tell your friends you slaved over them.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 200 g Grated Mozarella
- 200 g feta cheese
- 200 g cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix all your cheese together and crumble the feta cheese.
- Finely chop your parsley and add into the cheese mixture. Mix well and divide the mixture in half. We will be using half of the mixed cheese mixture for each puff pastry.
- Roll out your puff pastry sheet, make 3 cuts across and then 3 cuts down. We are looking at 6 same squares.
- Make a small cheeseball in your hand and place in a middle of each pastry. Then fold the corners into the middle and pinch the sides, so there is no air left. Once they are all sealed, place them on a baking tray.
- In a small cup, break your egg and mix with a little bit of water. Coat each pastry with some egg wash and place in the oven to bake for about 15-20 min. You can increase the heat to 200 C / 400 F in the last 5 min to give it a nice golden colour.
- Enjoy hot with some salad or on its own! Its great hot and cold.