Cauliflower Fried Rice
This is a low-carb option for those who want all the flavor of Chinese fried rice but none of the guilt. Serves 2-3 people. As a fried rice look-alike, this dish can hold its own. The cauliflower is chewy and nubbly in all the right rice-like ways. Bits of egg and tender vegetables also make it a satisfying meal on its own. This still feels like comfort food to me — just comfort food that's sneaking a few more vegetables into my day!
- Half Head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic
- 1 carrots
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup cashews, almonds or other nuts
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding the tough inner core. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it breaks down into rice-sized pieces.
- Cut your carrot and spring onions. Mince your garlic and ginger.
- Use cooking spray or olive oil on your pan, add ginger and garlic and fry for 5 min.
- Add your carrots and cauliflower rice, mix well.
- Add sweetcorn, then green peas and mix well.
- Add your egg and cook well, add soya sauce mix and then add cashews and spring onions. Taste and add more soy sauce to taste. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep refrigerated for about a week.