These golden, fluffy buttermilk pancakes with apple inside make the perfect Saturday morning breakfast or brunch. This simple recipe makes perfect pancakes easy enough to whip up any day of the week! We call them Oladushki. They are light and fluffy, and great with sour cream and jam. You can add fresh berries, thinly sliced fruit, or even crumbled crisp bacon for an extra hit of flavor. I have made these for years, and I hope you enjoy them as much as my family has. Avoid over mixing the batter to ensure that the pancakes will be airy.
- 1 egg
- 1-3 tbsp sugar
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 ml kefir or buttermilk
- 100 g flour
- pinch soda
- pinch salt
- Oil or butter for frying
- Mix your egg with sugar and add vanilla extract.
- Add buttermilk or kefir, mix well and then add flour, soda and pinch of salt.
- Grate your apple and add to the mixture. Gently mix in and leave the mixture aside for 15-20 min.
- Heat your pan with some oil or butter and place about 1 tbsp of mixture onto the pan. Cook them on a low/medium heat until you start to see bubble appear on top.
- Gently flip them over and fry on the other side for 5 min.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit, sour cream or maple syrup.