Best Banana Bread Recipe
This is an easy recipe that gives perfect results every time. Be sure to use overripe bananas and the right sized tin. This banana bread recipe is the perfect way to make the most of the bananas that have started to go brown in the fruit bowl. Ripe bananas give the dense loaf a lovely moist texture with a subtle hint of flavour. The thick dough takes a little longer than your average cake to bake, but it's worth the wait. A slice of this flavour-packed cake is a perfect treat for breakfast (try it with a spread of butter), parties or just a little afternoon treat with a cup of tea.
- 140 g soft butter
- 140 g caster sugar
- 2 large egg
- 140 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350 F.
- Butter your loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and mashed bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.