Apple & Caramel Lava Cake Recipe
Apple Caramel Lava Cake is just a perfect autumn dessert. This warm, gooey caramel apple lava cake is a show stopper. More decadent than molten chocolate cake: one filled with warm caramel and spiced apples. This is my favourite apple caramel recipe. They are pretty quick to make and this recipe serves 3-4 people depending on your ramekins.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-2 apples
- 1 tbsp brown sugar + 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 cup caramel
- 4-6 tbsp flour
- Icing sugar
- digestive biscuits
- Preheat the oven at 200C or 400F. Crush your biscuits in a plastic bag or use food processor.
- Using room temperature butter brush inside the individual moulds or ramekins. You can also use cooking spray. Add your crushed biscuits inside and coat the ramekins around.
- Peel your apples and cut into small pieces. Add butter into your pan, then add your chopped apples, spices and sugar. Mix everything and cook on low heat for 5-8 min until soft.
- In a stand mixer or by hand whisk the eggs until very fluffy and pale. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Add the caramel and continue whisking until it's fully incorporated. If you don’t have store bought caramel, you can boil 1 can of condensed milk for 2-3 hours.
- Add the flour and stir by hand just until its incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the individual moulds, about 1/3, then add 1 tsp of your cooked apples and a little bit of caramel. Then add more of your batter to cover the ramekins.
- Place them in a baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are baked but the centre is still very wobble.
- Run a knife around the edges and un mould it warm. Serve immediately with icing sugar, berries, caramel whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!