Tropical Green Smoothie
Whether you are a seasoned smoothie-connoisseur, or you are green in smoothie making, this recipe should go down a treat. It contains a mere three ingredients. Four if you count water. Five if you want to be really pedantic and count pineapple and pineapple juice as two ingredients. Makes approx. 500mL, enough for 2 small glasses or 1 large To Serve: Pour smoothie into 1 or 2 glasses, over ice. Simple!
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 fairly tightly packed cups of spinach
- Add frozen banana, half the spinach, and the water to the blender, and blend until smooth. As there is not much liquid, you may need to stop the blender a couple of times and use a spoon to mix the ingredients around, allowing them to properly blend.
- Add the pineapple, pineapple juice and remaining spinach and blend until smooth.
- Taste, and if you prefer it sweeter still, add additional pineapple juice or a little honey.