Springtime Strawberry Smoothie
Strawberries are so versatile, and depending on the time of year, they can be snapped up for a very reasonable price. That being said, there is nothing more disappointing that a punnet of bland, flavourless berries. The trick is to smell them! The more fragrant and luscious the scent wafting out of them, the more likely they are to taste sweet and delicious. And don’t be fooled by size! Often it is the smaller strawberries that are the most concentrated in flavour.
- Extra strawberries
- Coconut flakes
- Natural sweetener to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g strawberries
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Blend cashews along with the coconut milk and half the regular milk, until smooth.
- Add banana, a dash more milk, and blend until smooth.
- Add strawberries, remaining milk, and vanilla, and keep on blending!
- Taste, add sweetener if required (I like to sneak in 1 teaspoon of maple syrup), plus more milk if you prefer your smoothie less thick.