3 workouts you can do anywhere
At Mindful Chef we provide you with the best quality food and recipes to help make healthy eating simple and delicious. We also understand the importance of exercise and nutrition working together to make you feel your best. We have the perfect meals to complement your workouts. Take a look at our meals and supercharge your training.
Here are 3 easy workouts you can do at home that will help burn fat and improve your fitness.
1. 30 seconds work / 30 seconds rest X 4 rounds. Total workout time 24 minutes. Do this for all 4 exercises and you'll have a fat busting, all over body workout completed in less than 30 minutes.
- Bodyweight squat jumps 30 seconds work / 30 rest / 4 times. Rest 2 minutes & move onto lunges.
- Bodyweight forward lunges 30 seconds work / 30 rest / 4 times Rest 2 minutes then push ups.
- Push ups 30 seconds work / 30 rest / 4 times Rest 2 minutes then squats.
- Bodyweight squats 30 seconds work / 30 rest / 4 times Rest.
2. Tabata training - 20 seconds work / 10 seconds rest X 8 rounds. Total workout time 10 minutes.
Tabata is very effective for people who don't have much time to train. You can use it as a format to train around or use it as an effective 'finisher' at the end of your workout to really boost your fat burning potential.
- Burpees & lunge jumps - 20 seconds of burpees, rest 10 seconds. Then 20 seconds of lunge jumps, rest 10 seconds again. Do 4 rounds of each, 8 total. Rest 2 minutes & proceed to part 2.
- Mountain climbers & ice skaters - 20 seconds of mountain climbers, rest 10 seconds. Then 20 seconds of ice skaters, rest 10 seconds again. Do 4 rounds of each, 8 total.
3. Time restricted workout
Do as many repetitions of an exercise as possible in 20 minutes. Record your score and try to better it the next time you do the workout. If you do this properly you won't need longer than 20 minutes.
If you don't have any equipment then think of exercises like squats, press ups, lunges, mountain climbers, burpees, sit ups etc. If you do have access to equipment you could do goblet squats, bench press, pull ups, military press etc. Be creative and enjoy yourself.
If all you could do was this 20 minute workout everyday and you gave it your full effort you would be well on your way to a fitter, healthier version of yourself.
Remember if you really want to get results from your training you need to make sure you are fuelling your body with the right types of food.
Our meals are designed to make healthy eating easy and complement your workouts perfectly.