CHOCOLATE MAPLE MOUSSE POTS
Treat your favourite person by making these Chocolate-Maple Mousse Pots. Made with Clarks Red Maple Syrup – exclusive to the UK. Tip: this makes two generous chocolate pots. For smaller appetites, spoon into 4 x 100ml glasses.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 40 g Amaretti Biscuits
- 20 g Pecans
- 75 g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 200 ml Double Cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Amaretto or Brandy or Orange Juice
- 3 Pecan Halves
- 1 tsp Grated Chocolate
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Melt butter with maple syrup in a small saucepan until bubbling. Remove from the heat and add amaretti biscuits and pecans. Stir well and spoon into two glasses (at 175ml volume). Place in the fridge whilst you make the mousse.
- Break chocolate into chunks and place in a heatproof bowl. Set over a pan of barely simmering water until completely melted (do not allow water to boil underneath). Remove from the heat for 5 mins.
- Whisk cream into a medium mixing bowl with an electric hand whisk until it forms soft peaks. Add maple syrup and amaretto and whisk again. Remove 3 tablespoons and set aside. Spoon about a quarter of the cream into the chocolate and whisk to combine and loosen the mixture. Spoon immediately into the cream and whisk again until combined. Spoon into the two glasses, the spoon over the reserved cream. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Scatter with sliced pecans, chocolate and maple just before serving.