Hidden-veggie Meatballs & Courgetti
A delicious alternative to the normal spaghetti & meatball dish. Packed with more veggies than you can even imagine 🙂 Original post at: http://tasteandseeblog.co.za/2016/11/14/hidden-veggie-meatballs-courgetti/
- 500 g Chicken mince
- 2 medium Zucchinis
- 1 cup Broccoli/Spinach
- 1 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Fresh herbs
- 1 piece Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tin Tomato & Onion mix
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil
- 8 medium Zucchinis
- 1 piece Goat's cheese
- 1 handful Fresh basil
- Rinse and dry the veggies for the meatballs. Roughly chop them before placing them in a food processor along with the garlic and fresh herbs. Pulse until they have a rice-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken mince with the veggie mixture. Season with salt & pepper.
- Roll out evenly-sized meatballs and place on a baking-paper lined tray until you're ready to cook them (this is to prevent them from sticking).
- Place the coconut oil in a large non-stick pan (this is important) and cook the meatballs on a medium heat. Pan-fry the meatballs in batches rather than overcrowding the pan and having them stick together. You want them to get nice and golden brown on the outside before removing them from the heat.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking prepare your courgetti using a spiraliser. If you don't have a spiraliser you can buy courgetti already prepared, or make noodles by grating the zucchinis long-ways. Place the spiralled zucchini in a colander to drain whilst the meatballs are finishing off.
- When the meatballs are done place them all back in the pan, add the tomato & onion mix and fresh basil, and simmer over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the meatballs over courgetti, topped with goat's cheese and fresh basil.