CHRISTMAS NUT ROAST
Are you looking for a meat-free alternative to Christmas Day? Well we have been busy in the Pulsin’ Kitchen creating a solution for you, with our Christmas Nut Roast! This can be used as a main or a side dish and is full of three types of nuts, ensuring you have plenty of protein to get you through the festivities.
- 50 g quinoa flakes
- 100 g oat flakes
- 50 g oatmeal
- 1 stick rosemary
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 bag spinach
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 dash Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 12 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp rice syrup
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g brazil nuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Grind the nuts to a coarse texture in a pestle and mortar.
- Mix together the quinoa flakes, oat flakes, oatmeal and nuts into a bowl.
- Bash up the salt, garlic , rosemary & sage leaves in a pestle & mortar to make a rough paste and add to the mixing bowl, mix well.
- Finely chop the spinach and mix into the bowl.
- Add the tomatoes (and chilli sauce if using), season with black pepper and mix well.
- Add the olive oil and rice syrup and mix in well.
- Line a loaf tin with grease-proof paper and spoon in the mixture, pressing down firmly as you go.
- Cook for approximately an 60-90 minutes (depending on your oven), until golden brown on top and cooked all the way through.